How to report a hate crime

In a (life threatening) emergency:

  • CALL 999
  • Deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired? TEXT (SMS) 999

In a non-emergency:

Third party reporting:

If you don’t feel comfortable reporting a hate crime directly to Police Scotland, third party reporting allows you to tell the police about an incident through a support organisation.

There are third party reporting centres across Scotland where specially trained staff can work with you to submit a report to Police Scotland on your behalf. These centres range from housing associations, to victim support offices, and voluntary groups.

Find your nearest third party reporting centre here.