February Spotlight – Women and Girls and Justice
Each month we’re putting the spotlight on a different gender equality issue. In February 2019, the topic is Women and Girls and Justice. We’d like to hear from individuals and communities in Scotland about their experiences and ideas around this topic.
While it’s great to hear from individuals, we’d love you to take part in a ‘Wee Circle’ and get together with a group of family, friends, volunteers, co-workers or people within your organisation to discuss the questions below:
- Q1. In Scotland, what are the biggest equality issues around Justice, for Women and Girls?
- Q2. In Scotland, what needs to change to improve Justice experiences and outcomes for Women and Girls?
- Q3. What actions should NACWG recommend to improve gender equality in Justice?
Your group can be any shape or size and take any form. This can be as formal or as informal as your situation (and spotlight topic) requires. Maybe you’re already part of a community or group that could host a Wee Circle? Or would your employer support you running a Wee Circle at work?
At the end of your discussion, complete the Group Feedback Response Form (below) to share what you discussed.
All of the feedback forms and #GenerationEqual tweets will be considered by the Council so we can:
- Understand what a diverse range of people and organisations think about this issue.
- Use your ideas to inform our reports and recommendations to the First Minister on actions to create gender equality in Scotland.
- Share a summary report of each month’s feedback, on this website.
The Feedback Form does not ask for your name, and summary reports will be anonymous. It should be noted that if you mention your organisations’ name this may be included in the summary reports.
Each month there will be a new topic to respond to. So why not make your Wee Circle a regular thing? We’d love to hear your thoughts on the whole range of issues relating to gender equality in Scotland.
We can’t wait to hear from you. Thank you.