May/June Spotlight – Older Women
Every two months we’re putting the Spotlight on a different gender equality issue. In May/June 2019, the Spotlight is Older Women. We’d like to hear from individuals and communities in Scotland about their experiences and ideas around this topic.
While it’s great to hear from individuals, we’d love you to take part in a ‘Wee Circle’ and get together with a group of family, friends, volunteers, co-workers or people within your organisation to discuss the questions below:
- Q.1 In Scotland, what are the biggest equality issues for Older Women?
- Q2. In Scotland, what needs to change to improve equality for Older Women?
- Q3. What actions should NACWG recommend to improve gender equality for Older Women?
Your group can be any shape or size and take any form. This can be as formal or as informal as your situation (and spotlight topic) requires. Maybe you’re already part of a community or group that could host a Wee Circle? Or would your employer support you running a Wee Circle at work?
At the end of your discussion, complete the Group Feedback Response Form (below) to share what you discussed.
All of the feedback forms and #GenerationEqual tweets will be considered by the Council so we can:
- Understand what a diverse range of people and organisations think about this issue.
- Use your ideas to inform our reports and recommendations to the First Minister on actions to create gender equality in Scotland.
- Share a summary report of each month’s feedback, on this website.
The Feedback Form does not ask for your name, and summary reports will be anonymous. It should be noted that if you mention your organisations’ name this may be included in the summary reports.
Every two months there will be a new topic to respond to. So why not make your Wee Circle a regular thing? We’d love to hear your thoughts on the whole range of issues relating to gender equality in Scotland.
We can’t wait to hear from you. Thank you.