August Spotlight – Women and Enterprise
Each month we’re putting the spotlight on a different gender equality issue. In August 2018, the topic is Women and Enterprise.
The National Advisory Council on Women and Girls wants to hear from all communities in Scotland about their experiences and ideas. We’d love you to take part in our Wee Circle and get together with a group of family, friends, volunteers, co-workers or people within your organisation to discuss the questions below:
- In your experience, what are the biggest issues women in business face in Scotland, linked to gender?
- What needs to change to tackle the impact gender inequality has on women in business in Scotland?
- What ideas do you think the Council should suggest to reduce the impact gender inequality has on business in Scotland?
Your group can be any shape or size and take any form. This can be as formal or as informal as your situation (and spotlight topic) requires. What’s important is that you get talking and share your feedback with us. Maybe you’re already part of a community or group that could host a Wee Circle? Or would your employer support you running a Wee Circle at work?
You might find it useful to read some context information on Women and Enterprise prepared by the Scottish Government's Analytical Services here.
Then – just talk!
Use the questions above as a guide and ask someone to take some notes.
At the end of your discussion, complete the Wee Circle Response Form (below) to share what you discussed with us. If it’s too difficult to get a group together, we still want to hear from you on this topic, so please use our Response Form to tell us your individual feedback. Alternatively, you can share your ideas on Twitter using the hashtag #GenerationEqual.
All of the feedback forms and hashtagged tweets will be considered by the Council so we can:
- Understand what a diverse range of people and organisations think about this issue.
- Use your ideas to inform our reports and recommendations to the First Minister on actions to create gender equality in Scotland.
- Share a summary report of each month’s feedback, on this website.
The Feedback Form does not ask for your name, and summary reports will be anonymous. It should be noted that if you mention your organisations’ name this may be included in the summary reports.
Each month there will be a new topic to respond to. So why not make your Wee Circle a regular thing? We’d love to hear your thoughts on the whole range of issues relating to gender equality in Scotland.
We can’t wait to hear from you. Thank you.