September/October Spotlight – Sport
Every two months we’re putting the Spotlight on a different gender equality issue. In September/October 2019, the Spotlight is Sport. We’d like to hear from individuals and groups from all communities across Scotland about their experiences and ideas around this topic.
While it’s great to hear from individuals, we’d love you to take part in a ‘Wee Circle’ and get together with family, friends, volunteers, co-workers or people within your organisation and community to discuss the questions below:
- Q1. What needs to change, in Scotland, to improve opportunities for women and girls in sport?
- Q2. In Scotland, what needs to change to reduce harmful stereotypes for women and girls in sport?
- Q3. What actions should the NACWG recommend to improve gender equality for women and girls in sport?
Your group can be any shape or size and take any form. This can be as formal or as informal as your situation (and Spotlight topic) requires. Maybe you’re already part of a community or group that could host a Wee Circle? Or would your employer support you running a Wee Circle at work?
At the end of your discussion, complete the Group Feedback Response Form (below) and Have Your Say.
All of your feedback submittedon the website and by using #GenerationEqual is considered by the NACWG so that we can:
- Understand what a diverse range of people and organisations think about our Spotlight issue.
- Use your ideas to inform our reports and recommendations to the First Minister on actions to create gender equality in Scotland.
- Share a summary report of each Spotlight’s feedback, on this website.
The Feedback Form does not ask for your name and summary reports are anonymous. It should be noted that if you mention your organisations’ name this may be included in the summary reports.
Every two months there will be a new topic to respond to. So why not make your Wee Circle a regular thing? We’d love to hear your thoughts on a whole range of issues relating to gender equality in Scotland.
We can’t wait to hear from you. Thank you!